My Exchange Year in America

My Exchange Year in America

sunnuntai 5. kesäkuuta 2011

Time to say Goodbye

Who could've ever imagined this year would go so fast. I remember my countdown. A month behind, two, three, four. And then, halfway through! Suddenly I only had four months left. Then three, two, one. And now I'm down to 11 days. Eleven short days.

Last Wednesday I said bye to the place I called my school this year. I can honestly say that the only thing I am going to miss are 4th and 5th period. I am so glad I don't have to sit in the classes worrying if I'm going to die just because it's so boring. I don't have to wander the corridors anymore by myself. And I don't have to ride the school bus.

I put this picture here to cheer everybody up. Let's not get too emotional (until the last text before I leave).

I have to admit that it was sad, in a way. Wednesday I saw lot of the people the last time. But then again, I still got those eleven days to spend time with the people I want to spend my time with.

What was a lot harder for me, was to say goodbye to all the fellow exchange students. It is unbelievable how well we bonded in such a short time. For example, this was the first time I ever saw Ivor, but it was just obvious that we were best friends, just like with all the others. And even the others, we have got together maybe five times, and every time somebody's been missing. And still, just because we are in the same situation and understand each other and what we're going through, makes us so close. What an amazing opportunity. Now I got friends all over the world!

Presented: Brazil, Austria, America, Finland and Japan!



Me and Melissa (who's going to Finland next year!) wearing our beautiful jackets.

And then we went bowling. Randomness.

At first I wasn't too excited about the district conference, to be honest, but it definitely was a great time. The thought that it would be the last time we got together didn't cross my mind until it was time to say goodbye. All I needed to do was look at my little Lisa, my baby, and it made me burst into tears. I know that I'm going to see them again. I just know it.


Lisa, my baby!

Friday was also the graduation. I don't really remember anything else but suffering. I got really (and I mean really) sun burned the day before and my skin hurt... a lot. I was looking for a word more like kamalan-hirvittävän-älyttömän-uskomattoman-jumalattoman paljon, but I couldn't come up with anything. Also, suffering is a really mild word to describe the pain I was in. Also, I should have counted how many people came up to me and pointed out that I was sun burned. Really? I myself was in the belief that I was just suddenly turning into a freakin' Indian.

So, I got 11 days and I am going to make the best out of them and enjoy as much as possible. And then I will be happy to go home.

Anniina kiittää.

PS. I just realized 51 people read my previous text (or clicked the button anyway). I think that is the record so far. Thank you so much for reading my blog, I really do appreciate it! And it means so much that so many people like it. Keep clicking the button, and thanks again! :)

4 kommenttia:

  1. Anniina! It's been such a pleasure to read your blog, and find out about all the things you get to experience here in our silly little country. I'm really going to miss the entries, and you, of course! But hey, this isn't the last time you'll see us, don't set that in you mind, because you can always make something that you want to happen, happen. Plus, we still have this coming Saturday for some more silliness. I'll see you then!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Omg, tämä vuosi on mennyt ihan Suomessakin kamalan nopeasti, vastahan koulu alkoi... Ja vastahan me nähtiin Joensuussa. Ihan hullua. Mutta tervetuloa kotiin, mun pitää tulla käymään Jojensuussa kesällä ja säkin oot kyllä tervetullut Lahteen! :)♥

    VastaaPoista
  3. TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!
    TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME!TERVETULOA TAKAISIN KOTIIN! WELCOME BACK HOME! T:B&D.

    VastaaPoista
  4. so I just read this and it made my eyes water all over again haha; (: i looooove you! <3 <3 <3
    - your baby (;

    VastaaPoista