My Exchange Year in America

My Exchange Year in America

keskiviikko 22. kesäkuuta 2011

Home, safe and everything's great. ♥









I didn't even realize how much I had missed everybody until I saw all of them at the airport. My mom, dad, Emilia & Mimmi (little sisters), my grandparents and my dogs were waiting there. I didn't remember how different everything was. The nature is so different, the roads are, people are. Even the air tastes different, I swear!

I've been walking so much more here than there. When here we're walking around the city with my friends, in the US I'd be driving around town with them. It makes a big difference, it really does.

After I got a bit adjusted we left to Kuopio with mom, grandma and grandpa. I got to see my great uncle and aunt, and my great grandparents. Me and my sister both applied for high schools there. I had my audition today, for a music high school. It went well and I made it in. I'm pretty (=really) pumped. Me, my sister, my mom and the doggies are going to move there at the end of July. I'm pretty pumped for that too actually. So today I also saw our new home and it was really nice. I can't wait to move. My sister stole my room while I was gone, and now I'm living in her room and it's so tiny. I hate it. Well, not for a long time anymore.

Oh how much I missed my country and my family. It feels so good to be home, I can't even describe it. I'm still really tired from the time difference and the sleepless night in the plane. This time I was really lucky; all of my flights were on time and everything went well. Except I didn't sleep at all in the plane, I was way too nervous/excited and the seat was way too uncomfortable.

The best moment of coming back was when my three-year-old little sister Mimmi said: "Anniina, ompa kiva kun tulit kottiin, mulla oli ikävä siuta." (=Anniina, it was so nice that you came home, I missed you.").


It was when we went for a swim in the freezing cold lake from sauna, when I really got the Finland feeling. I realized that I'm home now. After sauna I sat on the rock and just looked at the lake and trees. It was so beautiful. My own dear home country♥

Thank you for all of my readers, thank you for leaving comments too! They make me so happy.

Anniina kiittää.

PS. There's one thing that I didn't miss at all though. FREAKIN' MOSQUITOES. I-H.A.T.E-T.H.E.M. You can't even walk the dogs without getting totally killed. Ughhhhh


3 kommenttia:

  1. Randoms welcome or wellgone home :))

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos Anniina, että olet jaksanut kirjoittaa upeaa blogiasi meidän kaikkien lukijoidesi iloksi. Ihanaa, että olet jälleen Suomessa ilonamme. T: B&D

    VastaaPoista
  3. I totally agree with you about that mosquitoe thing !!!!!!!

    VastaaPoista