My Exchange Year in America

My Exchange Year in America

perjantai 27. toukokuuta 2011

Stupid blogspot :(

I’ve been ignoring my blog completely for the longest time. At some point I totally forgot it even existed. And then, one day I thought I'd write something, and blogspot wouldn't let me in! I was so mad. But now it works again. Now I don't feel like writing anything though. I guess I have to sinse it's been such a long time.

I was looking through my previous blog texts and realized what a boring person I am nowadays. I used to be so much fun! I used to write so sarcastically and funny, I even made myself laugh just looking at it. And now? Now I just report the things I’ve been doing lately.


I cannot wait to go back home. And at the same time I don’t want the June 16th to ever come. I miss my country, I miss my family, I miss my friends. And then again, I know that they’re there waiting for me. But the people I leave behind when I leave… Well, I might not ever see them again. It’s so bittersweet. I’m thinking about this all the time, constantly. I can’t get it out of my mind. I should just put a smile on my face and enjoy my last few weeks.

But I can’t. It’s because of school. I am so sick of school that you wouldn’t believe me. I think everybody here is. If you Finland people think school is boring, you’re wrong. Come to America and try. I’m living for 4th and 5th period, when I get to paint and sing (and cry). Probably my two (three) favorite things to do at the moment. I am in love with oil paints. I’m doing my first oil painting and it is really hard but also rewarding. I might have to buy some oil paints when I get back home.

Yesterday was seniors last day. Oh how much I wish I was a senior right now. There would be no more stupid finals. No more waking up (well okay graduation practice, but I wouldn’t mind that), no more sitting in classes doing nothing getting bored out of your mind...

I’m guessing you all want to know about my prom. I had a lot of fun considering it was only standing in lines, posing in pictures and dancing. Okay and which sounds more fun: riding in a bus for 5 hours with obnoxious people and spending a long day in a nasty waterpark after partying the previous night and not sleeping, or; sleeping in and lying on the couch for 8 hours straight with the people you love, watching movies, walking in the rain bare foot and eating milkshakes. I pick the second choice. That was our own little post prom.



Random facts:

We had our choir concert which went pretty well. I guess. At least most of it.


The yearbook is one thing that I think we should have in Finland too. It's such a great memory, especially the signatures.


Um. My life is boring. I hate Uniontown.


Oh. I had my Rotary presentation last Tuesday. It went pretty well. I made it more informal and not-boring. I tried to make it interesting.


Then this Wednesday me and Nick went to this Cyberschool dance with Christina. Laura got excited and took about 234567 thousand pictures.






"Just climb on that tree." And awkwardly sit there and smile?

I guess that's it. I'll write again when I feel like writing and hope blogspot won't act dumb next time. Byes.

1 kommentti:

  1. Upeita kuvia. Ei meinattu tuntea ensin sinua tuosta kuvasta, jossa pidätte kiinni pihavalaisimesta. Luultiin että siinä on joku filmitähti Nickin kaverina, kunnes huomattiin, että Annuhan se siinä!:)))))Koeta kestää viimeiset ikävät koulupäivät ja nauti sitten lomasta täysin siemauksin. Terveisin B&D

    VastaaPoista